Learn all about our feathery lady friends, how to keep them happy and healthy, and the yummy eggs they lay for us.
You will learn what to look for when getting new chooks, chook behaviour, flock management, caring for chooks and ways to improve their health and their pens. Basically the whole chook and nothing but the chook. You’ll be chatting about a wide range of topics and have a plenty of chances to ask questions, go over your backyard chook plans and more.
Some of the topics that will be covered are:
- What you need to raise chooks
- Tips on good chook housing
- Picking the right chooks for your backyard
- How to care for your flock
- Common diseases, preventative care and treatments
- Managing your flock and improving your chook skills
WHEN: 8:00pm to 9:15pm on Wednesday 14 September 2016
WHERE: Finn Cafe, 120-124 Carlisle St, St Kilda.
HOW MUCH: $15
MORE INFO AND BOOKINGS: Online