HELP TO LOWER YOUR POWER BILLS
TAGS: My House
Are you a Pensioner? Have a Health Care Card? Are you Renting?
You are eligible to receive from the Victorian Government:
- A free in-home energy assessment valued at $450
- Home Star Rating and advice to save on power bills
- Limited free retrofits also available based on need
The Scorecard is an Australian-first home energy rating program. The Scorecard will enable you to obtain a star rating for your home, in the same way as a fridge or washing machine has a star rating. The star rating is a representation of the running cost of the fixed appliances in your home.
Many Victorian homes have high energy bills simply due to the way the home is built. The two page rating certificate recommends upgrade options to improve your home's rating. Along with our advice it will guide you to make home improvements efficiently and cost effectively.
The South East Councils Climate Change Alliance (SECCCA) in partnership with the City of Port Phillip can be engaged to deliver a Scorecard assessments for free to eligible households. They will use the government supported Scorecard webtool to rate the energy efficiency of your home's construction, fixed appliances and other key features.
Are you eligible for a free assessment?
Eligible households for the limited free assessments include holders of or recipient of any of the following concessions:
- Health care card
- Pensioner concession card
- Retailer hardship program
- Culturally and linguistically diverse
- A community housing resident
- Living in a rental property
- demonstrate as defined by the ATO as a “low income earner”.
To book call 1300 73 22 22 or go online at www.seccca.org.au