Visit RecyclingWeek.PlanetArk.org website or call the National Recycling Hotline on 1300 733 712 for more information about any of Planet Ark’s National Recycling Week initiatives.
The Golden Rules are:
- Stay Loose: Recycling goes into the bin loose – never in a plastic bag, and keep other soft plastic out too.
- Easy does it: Simple materials like paper, cardboard, glass jars and bottles, metal cans and aerosols, cartons and rigid plastics are easy to recycle and accepted in almost all kerbside collections.
- Into the Garbage: Crockery, window and drink-ware glass, polystyrene, plastic bags, nappies and food are the big baddies in the recycling.
- Keep It Clean-ish: Recycling does not need to be spotless – just scrape of solid food and give it a quick rinse.
- Drop ‘Em Off: Kerbside systems cannot separate items like mobiles, computers, batteries and printer cartridges – find local drop off services.
- If in doubt: Leave it out! Putting the wrong thing in the wrong bin can ruin your good recycling efforts.
- Buy it Back: Look for recycled products, like Planet Ark Paper and Naturale Toilet Tissue to close the recycle cycle.